- The Philippine launch of the 2013 Asia-Pacific Trade and Investment Report (APTIR) was held on 7 January 2014, at the UP School of Economics, University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City. The event was co-organized by CATIF and the Philippine Center for Economic Development (PCED) with the support of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP). The launch introduced the results of the 2013 APTIR to the Philippine public and conveyed the perspectives of government, the private sector, and the academe with respect to the country’s trade and investments.
- CATIF and the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC) co-organized a session on Fisheries Trade Facilitation and Sustainable Development: the Post-Bali Agenda on 5 December 2013 at the Bali International Convention Center at the Westin Resort in Nusa Dua, Bali. The objective of the session was to propose a post-Bali development agenda for the fisheries sector. The session was part of the Trade and Development Symposium organized by the International Center for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), an event parallel to the 9th WTO Ministerial Conference that discusses issues at the interface of trade and sustainable development and policy options to address challenges facing the multilateral trading system.
- A small roundtable discussion on Public Utilities: Evolving Constitutional Limits, Statutes, and Policies organized by the CATIF research team was held on 8 November 2013 at the Dusit Thani Hotel in Makati City. This event was supported by the USAID’s Trade-Related Assistance for Development (TRADE) component of the Partnership for Growth project. The discussion focused on the evolution and past application of laws and policies governing public utilities in order to indicate where future changes are needed and possible.
- Prof. Raphael Perpetuo M. Lotilla, CATIF Fellow, delivered a talk entitled “Sustainable Development of Our Seas: Perspectives on the Blue Economy” during the Workshop on the Philippines and the Blue Economy: Towards the Future We Want, on 14 November 2013 at the AIM Conference Center in Makati. The workshop was organized by the Office of the Undersecretary for International Economic Relations of the Department of Foreign Affairs to help formulate a national concept of the “Blue Economy”.
- Establishing Benchmarks for Public Awareness and Appreciation for Competition, USAID-TRADE
- Public Utilities: Evolving Constitutional Limits, Statutes, and Policies, USAID-TRADE
- Dr. Florian A. Alburo, Chief of Party, EU-TRTA3
- Ms. Ma. Fe Esperanza V. Madamba, Key Expert, EU-TRTA3
- Dr. Ma. Joy V. Abrenica, Short-Term Expert for the Philippine Export Development Plan, EU-TRTA3
- Atty. Johannes Bernabe, Short-Term Expert for the Customs Modernization Bill, EU-TRTA3